The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of breeders of bull lurchers or lurchers with collie in them for hunting? Can only find UK ones. I'm fine with anywhere in north America. I know theyre out there seeing how many are in shelters, so where are they? Prefer a breeder who has mixes with predominately sighthound with a bit of bull or collie in the background.

·
Super Moderator
2,824 Posts
Anyone know of breeders of bull lurchers or lurchers with collie in them for hunting? Can only find UK ones. I'm fine with anywhere in north America. I know theyre out there seeing how many are in shelters, so where are they? Prefer a breeder who has mixes with predominately sighthound with a bit of bull or collie in the background.
I had to google "lurcher" as I'd never heard of the breed. Per Wikipedia:
The lurcher is a cross-bred dog, the result of mating a sighthound with a dog of another type, most commonly a herding dog or a terrier. Historically a poacher's dog, lurchers in modern times are kept as pets, hunting dogs and in racing.

Are you looking for one for hunting? If so, for what species will you hunt?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to google "lurcher" as I'd never heard of the breed. Per Wikipedia:
The lurcher is a cross-bred dog, the result of mating a sighthound with a dog of another type, most commonly a herding dog or a terrier. Historically a poacher's dog, lurchers in modern times are kept as pets, hunting dogs and in racing.

Are you looking for one for hunting? If so, for what species will you hunt?
I was mostly looking for one because they're supposed to be pretty good at many things and I have seen some nice ones. I also love sighthounds who hunt but purebreds don't often excel at the actual kill. I plan on hunting rabbits, coyotes, and iguanas for the most part. Bull lurchers are lurchers x a bull breed and they're often multigenerational to be fast with some grit to them... there's breeders in the usa supposedly just can't find them

·
Super Moderator
2,824 Posts
First I had to google the dog breed, then I had to google where iguanas could be hunted (looks like southern Florida).
Where are you planning to run this dog on rabbit, coyote and iguana?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts