The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with a Lumenok crossbow bolt? I was looking at possible buying some to try out this coming season, but I have heard mixed things about them. Does anyone have any personal experiences with them, and if so good or bad?

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
The lighted nocks work well. I have heard their arrows are not that good. I have never shot them personally.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Ive used Lumenoks ever since they ve been on the market...off my bows and now my crossbows...hands down their the best made of there....hav nt shot their bolts..but off my Easton s they re the perfect noks..Rusty

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
I like Lumenoks. I do not like the Lumenarrows very much. They are Victory shafts which have always flown good for me but for some reason, the lumenarrows shot bad in several of my bows. I would not hunt with them in my bows.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I wouldn't take Lumenoks if you gave then go me! ! I actually gave all mine away. Every deer I ever shot with them they would shut off on me. I switched to nufletch and not a problem since.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Never had a problem. No failures on 10 plus deer. Easy arrow recovery. Will use them as long as they are around.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I've used them with good results. Only thing I don't like about them is after the hit/pass through, they have a tendency to shut off if the impact is sharp enough, causing the switch to rebound. Other than that love em. I've been using the nocturnal nocks and I gotta says those puppies are BRIGHT and they stay on...even after they smack into a maple limb you didn't see that just jumped in front of the 8 point my bolt was about to double lung...
Even with the capture nock part torn off the darn thing still shined bright enough to be see sticking in the dirt from 30 yards away in broad daylight.

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
I think the op was wanting feedback on Lumenarrows specifically.

·
Registered
644 Posts
mightyjoeyoung said:
I've used them with good results. Only thing I don't like about them is after the hit/pass through, they have a tendency to shut off if the impact is sharp enough, causing the switch to rebound. Other than that love em. I've been using the nocturnal nocks and I gotta says those puppies are BRIGHT and they stay on...even after they smack into a maple limb you didn't see that just jumped in front of the 8 point my bolt was about to double lung...
Even with the capture nock part torn off the darn thing still shined bright enough to be see sticking in the dirt from 30 yards away in broad daylight.
I switched to lumenoks after having a nocturnal come apart when I shot, arrow went like 5 feet right of the buck.

I know it has nothing to do with the thread, but figured i would share my bad luck with them, arrow was just as u describe, light on but capture nock missing yet it didnt hit anything to cause it to deflect.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
cbowdeer said:
mightyjoeyoung said:
I switched to lumenoks after having a nocturnal come apart when I shot, arrow went like 5 feet right of the buck.

I know it has nothing to do with the thread, but figured i would share my bad luck with them, arrow was just as u describe, light on but capture nock missing yet it didnt hit anything to cause it to deflect.
Right, but mine came apart when it smacked into a tree limb. Other than that, and the lighted portion was intact and still lit btw, that's then only issue I've had with them. They are built well and are super bright. I like both types. To the op. I really didn't care for the luminok bolts either. They just weren't as accurate as bolts/nocks I bought separately and put together myself...

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I like Lumenoks and the Lumen arrows as well. I just needed to square the ends of the shafts to get good flight. I also changed the fletchings. The nocks must fit tight to work correctly. If you get a good tight fit they won't blow out on a pass through. Go to the lumenok website and watch the videos on how to properly set up a lumenok and you are good to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts