The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done these to completed bolts?

Arrowhead since you made the bolts can you guide me thru removing the old nocks and inserting these?

I plan to practice knock removal on a cracked shaft out of commission bolt first, but after that I no plan. Do i just lightly twist with pliers to break the glue seal?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
No glue in the new nocks in the Victory arrows. Just pull the nocks out, lightly sand the end of the shaft square and put the Lumenok in place.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS MIKE!!

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
Yea, easy to swap out. You gonna like the Lumenoks.

If you shoot them alot the little contact wires will put a little indent in the end of the shaft which causes a weak light or no light when fired. Pull the nock out and sand the end of the shaft with fine sandpaper keeping it as square as possible. Just a little will do. I do it right before hunting season just to make sure they are good to go.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
I am anxious to try out the lumenoks this year or I should say for my son to try them out. I was suprised when target shooting in the sun how well they showed up. I installed mine the easy way. I just ordered some victory arrows from Arrowhead with the lumenoks already installed.

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
Usually about $10 a piece. They will add a few grains of weight to the back of the arrow but in accepted archery ranges, I did not have to adjust for POI change.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Guys my wife & myself are shooting easton carbon power bolts . Already have the lumenocks but the factory installed nocks are not coming out . Can I put a little heat under the carbon bolt or what else can I do??
Any help would be great

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
Plastic flat nocks? Got to be careful with Carbon and heat. Could try very hot water, dip back of arrow in the water for a bit then try to pull the nock out with a vice grip. Even if the nocks are press fit and not glued, the tolerances can make removal difficult.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Disclaimer - while this will work most of the time, sometimes it won't. Use this method at your own risk. This is the method I use.

To remove the factory glued in nocks - Drill with a bit smaller than the nock. The heat from the drill will usually cause the nock to spin free, when it does just back the drill out slowly while keeping the nock attached to the drill bit. Or, pull quickly if the drill doesn't catch it.

I've also frozen them in a freezer and had the glue break free. Most of the CA or crazy glue type glues will break free in freezing temperatures.

Carbon arrows will not take heat well and will usually cause the fibers and resins to break down.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
for those you have glued nocks , place the bolt in the freezer for about 20 min.. then removed and light twist the nock free. graps the bolt firmly and grasp the nock with needle nose pliers and twist. freezing breaks the super glue bond. just be careful to keep the pliers on the nock only !

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
arrowhead said:
Disclaimer - while this will work most of the time, sometimes it won't. Use this method at your own risk. This is the method I use.

To remove the factory glued in nocks - Drill with a bit smaller than the nock. The heat from the drill will usually cause the nock to spin free, when it does just back the drill out slowly while keeping the nock attached to the drill bit. Or, pull quickly if the drill doesn't catch it.

I've also frozen them in a freezer and had the glue break free. Most of the CA or crazy glue type glues will break free in freezing temperatures.

Carbon arrows will not take heat well and will usually cause the fibers and resins to break down.

Sorry AH I didn't scroll down to your reply until after I wrote mine..

But yea what he said

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys just a quick note, we got them in and shot with them last night to make sure we did not efect our zero....almost in unison the boys said "COOL", also no tweaking was needed.

THANKS AGAIN!! It is easy.

next time we see that little light...good things just happened.

One question, what is the life on these? My son was real anxious to get the light off to "save it",...how long do they last?

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
According to their website, the batteries have a 5 year shelf life and will last up to 40 hours.

My son and I are hoping to see a little light this Sat as well.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
So what are we doing with these...are we spending 10 bucks to help locate an 18 dollar arrow that may or may not be lost or am I missing something?

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Ripnmax said:
So what are we doing with these...are we spending 10 bucks to help locate an 18 dollar arrow that may or may not be lost or am I missing something?
Yes that is the idea. I bought lumenocks this year because my son will be hunting. I figure it will help me see where the arrow hits the deer since I won't know exactly when he shoots. It will also help me find the arrow afterwards as well. This way I know how good the hit was and how long I should give the deer before tracking. I imagine RB is doing the same since his kids will be hunting. I will see how well I like them, but I may even use them myself when I hunt. I was really surprised how well you could see the arrow after the shot.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
cspot said:
Ripnmax said:
Yes that is the idea. I bought lumenocks this year because my son will be hunting. I figure it will help me see where the arrow hits the deer since I won't know exactly when he shoots. It will also help me find the arrow afterwards as well. This way I know how good the hit was and how long I should give the deer before tracking. I imagine RB is doing the same since his kids will be hunting. I will see how well I like them, but I may even use them myself when I hunt. I was really surprised how well you could see the arrow after the shot.
That's exactly why I would and have used them. It makes following the arrow/bolt to the target so much easier in low light settings and then it aids in finding the arrow/bolt to help determine the kind of hit you put on the deer.

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
Word of advice when shooting illuminated nocks. Don't peek to see where the arrow goes. I found myself wanting to pull away from the scope to watch the nock and my accuracy suffered.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
You guys keep coming up with this stuff I'll have to stop an rob a bank on my way over to Arrowhead's in a week or so.
Not that he'll mind I am sure.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts