The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Nice pics. Interested in how you know it's the same deer every year. It's very rare that I can ID one multiple years without an absolute distinguishing feature that isn't antlers.

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
I hope he dies of old age!

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
Wasn't he a 10 point last year?

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pics. Interested in how you know it's the same deer every year. It's very rare that I can ID one multiple years without an absolute distinguishing feature that isn't antlers.
1.) He has a torn ear
2.) He has a black muzzle
3.) He's the only buck that wide.

Wasn't he a 10 point last year?
Yes. He has been an 8, a 9 and a 10. A little different each year.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
1.) He has a torn ear
2.) He has a black muzzle
3.) He's the only buck that wide.

Yes. He has been an 8, a 9 and a 10. A little different each year.

Ah yes, missed the ear first glance. Noticed the muzzle but that could be a 'genetic to your area' type thing so wasn't sure on that. Yeah there can't be too many that wide running around but like the muzzle wasn't sure.

Edit: Oh yeah, why don't you just shoot him? :)

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Awesome, maybe this will be the year you bag him. He hasnt lived that long being stupid thats for sure. Hopefully you find his home range this year. Good luck

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Beautiful buck, I don't use trail cams but it's pretty cool that he keeps showing up year after year.
When will he be done growing? End of August?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Great deer, very cool to get pictures that many years in a row. Happened to me once , it's pretty special, would be great if you get a tag on him. Good luck

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Once the velvet is off, I will only get night time pictures. And they are like midnight and later pictures. I may get a few day time pictures during the rut. That's how he does it. I know where he'll be every night, but have no idea where he goes in the day time.

Where we hunt, there is tons of mountain laurel thickets, blueberry thickets, swamp, overgrown clear cut and steep mountain side. There is literally thousands of acres of bedding area. Not like a farm, there there's a field and a 10 acre patch of woods. He could be anywhere.

At night, he's around the couple fields that we have....because that's where the doe are.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts