The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can an individual get multiple LTCF or CCP from different states? Like if I have a Conceal Carry Permit for PA would I be allowed to go to OH and get one from over there while my PA one is still valid?

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Yes, in fact many people do this because the non-resident permit they obtain from another state is often accepted in more states than their license from their home state.

For example, many PA residents with a LTCF will often get a FLA license for this very purpose.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Something else to bear in mind, is that each state sets their own standards for where and how concealed carry is acceptable.

Just because your concealed carry permit allows you to tote in some places and under some circumstances in the issuing state, doesn't mean it applies to carrying the same way, in states where there is reciprocity.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
That is true. You need to read up on the laws of the state where you will be carrying. For instance, some states require you to inform a police officer that you are carrying during a traffic stop.....or prohibit you from carrying in places that serve alcohol, etc.

·
Registered
743 Posts
how would one go about getting a permit in ohio while residing in pa. this id realy like to know

·
Registered
743 Posts
of what if found searching the web alot of the states that allow non residents to apply for permits dont include ohio agreements

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Mine is good in every state it's LEOSA...but I have to re-qualify at the range every year......Mine is governed by a different set of rules...

·
Registered
393 Posts
go http://www.handgunlaw.us for states with reciprocal agreements with your home state. As others have stated, know the laws of the other state.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts