·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MEMORANDUM

Posted: February 8, 2013 02:57 PM

To: All Senate members

Subject: Memo #23: Gun Permit Renewals

<span style="font-weight: bold">I plan to introduce legislation that would remove the non-family member reference requirement on the application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms renewal form.</span>

Current law requires the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) to issue a standard, uniform application form for a license to carry a firearm permit. PSP has developed a single form which is used for both initial and renewal applicants. Among the criteria included on the form is a section which requires the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two character references who are not family members.

It is my understanding that this non-family member reference requirement can be a burdensome and unnecessary hurdle to permit renewal, particularly for older Pennsylvanians.

The bill thus amends 18 Pa.C.S. §6109 (relating to licenses) by directing PSP to develop a renewal form which is substantively similar to the initial application form for a license to carry firearms, but would remove the reference requirement.

If you have any questions regarding this legislation, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 717-787-6063.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legi...;cosponId=11613

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Send a special memo to Philly where they illegally require the references to sign the form and include their drivers license number. Oh, they also like to claim that the references must be from PA too, another illegal requirement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts