The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on how long hording will last on the ar 15 parts ? I was looking to do a build after christmas (when the funds would be there again) but now with what happened in Conn there seems to be no availible parts like lower recievers or magazines unless you're willing to pay $400 for a part that was under $100 before the tradgety. Heck I can't even find a lower around me and I'm thinking about trying to find one in Pa and just drive and go get it. Are there any around you guys ?

Sab

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's got crazy, AR's that a year ago went for $800 ar now $1600-2000. I seen an AR 10 stript lower someone was asking $2000! We will just have to wait and see what becomes of all this anti-gun stuff in DC. Also your governor is pushing to outlaw all modern sporting rifles(ar's) in the state. go to Hornady Ammo sight and read the info from NSSF

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Any around?...nope. we've been told by Sig and others that they are taking no more orders for EBR's/parts. They said they think the might catch up in 2014.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Look for an 80% lower. Not much wait for those. finish machining it and you can build from there with no paperwork trail.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not worried about the paperwork trail at all. Just want one cause that was the original plan....after the holidays i would have spare cash to do it. Now with the hysteria i cant even find one at a reasonable cost. Whats a 80% ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for all the input...it's too late here in NY our Gov banned basically everything about the AR. If you didn't have one by now you can not buy one or even build one. I can not wait to get the [censored] out of this state

1 - 7 of 7 Posts