The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a retirement gift, my father has received from his company an elk hunt of his choosing. Recently he has had some health issues that may hinder him hiking at higher altitudes. He's still an avid hunter but gets winded a little faster than before. He had a defibrillator implanted last year as well, so I'm not looking for something that would be overly straining. I've started to research some West Texas hunts. Any other ideas for a more "low land" hunt? Any recommendations for outfitters in those areas? Looking for a free range hunt. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
12,990 Posts
I would try Mark Santos 508/360-5588. I met him in KY he took out a handicap hunter for a great hunt has lots of patience, knowledge and experience. Licensed guide in AZ, CO and NM. Good Christian Man.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Price range???
Acoma Indian reservation New Mexico, spot and stalk from vehicle or glass down from elevated terrain, calling, watching waterholes. Very comfortable tent accommodations, hot shower trailer, southwest scenery, access to Indian culture in the plateau puebla. Drive to and from camp in a 4x4, glass over big basins, listen for bugling, randomly call places for a response, watch over roadside waterholes from blinds. They'll accommodate what you need and they only shoot big bulls, 350-400+. But it is not an inexpensive hunt. First pic is typical of the elk area, the rocky ledge areas are mule deer areas.
Seasonal Photos of Acoma Hunts

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts