The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am retired and most of the time i set here in the house. I go to work when they have problems they can't figure out but that's not to often?
If you haven't retired yet let me tell you this. Your co-worked friends will slowly forget about you and you never hear from no one after about 6 months to a year. Your hunting buddies disappear or quit hunting and the young guys don't want to bother with you!
All i've got is my 2 sons to count on but they are 120 mile trip to hunt with so that cuts down on trips to the woods.
I have a lot of time to re call old days in the woods and try to write them down on here.
I love you guys for reading this stuff and all the things you folks write about. Some funny and some of the dumb stuff we do as hunters?
2 days in woods and now it takes 3 days to get lossened up again.

·
Registered
525 Posts
You should try finding a hunting buddy or two on here...better yet, a new outdoorsman to mentor. Keep the sport and your spirit alive.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Let me tell you friend, its not just retirement that causes people to forget you. I was laid off from my last job close to two years ago. I've heard from exactly two of my coworkers in all that time. We've kept in touch because I call these guys friends. The rest, I haven't heard from since I left. And you know what I couldn't care less. They were just coworker acquaintances. They lived in that chapter of my life that is now closed. Just the way life is.

Right now I hunt with my two boys and one other guy pretty much exclusively. But, my oldest is off to college next summer, then the youngest two years after that. So shortly I'll be back to hunting alone. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Feddog 82,If you ever think about mentoring a young person it is a good thought on your part,but if the young ones parent hunts,they will take it as a slap in the face.
I have offered people i know to take their kids that are going to hunt and take them shooting on a regular basis! No takers on that! Kids won't leave the house,well 95% of them anyhow.
Yorkadams,I am not near potter County and my party days have long past but it sounds like you could be a nice friend to have.Thank you for the offer.
My camp is a room,like you would get in a motel in my sons downstairs of his A-Frame on the edge of a State Park and a vast amount of game lands!
This is why i love this site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts