The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We currently have two threads back to back where most agree the horton vision is one of the quitest crossbows out there, but which one do you feel is the loudest?

For me while I loved the excalibur vortex I had for several years I feel that excalibur crossbows are the loudest your gonna get. What brands I haven't owned, barnett, horton, excalibur, and tenpoint I have always managed to shoot at the local outdoor shows with the exception of the new winchesters.

So what do you think. Who shoots the loudest?

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
My older PSE goes off with w loud THWACK--I would say one of the loudest I've ever heard!!

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
arrowhead said:
For me, it would have to be the Horton TRT ultralight. By far the loudest crossbow I have ever shot.
Yep. Excalibur Exomax second.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Excaliber Exomax then the old Ten Point hunter Elite. My Cyclone is actually very quiet for as fast as it is. At 30 yards, all you here, if anything is a very dull thud and the arrow zipping through the air. Inside 20...he he he.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
mjwags said:
How about the Buck commander by barnett??? how loud is that???
I was surprised by that one. I expected it to be much louder than it was. It is still loud but not as bad as I thought it would be.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
I have a Excalibur Vortex. While I think it makes a racket the deer never heard it coming. Limit your shots.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts