The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my boat out last weekend. I know the plate was on when I left because I checked the registration. Was good till 2017. Today I was working on the trailer lights and the plate is gone. No screws. Nothing.

Never had to deal with this before. Who do I contact and is there a place I can go to get a temp tag.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me 5 or 6 years ago. Just went to the local liscense agent, that switches titles, etc. and took the old registration in. Got a new plate right then, but remember it was more than I thought it was going to be. Think with the new plate and registration it was about $50

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
TeflonDon,

Where abouts were you driving?

We don't live too far apart and I was out driving somewhere this past week and saw a license plate alongside the road stuck to a street sign or pole. Don't know if it was a trailer plate or not but.....

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took Bernville/shartlesville road to 183 down to the free ramp for blue marsh and back home.

Guess I will head to a notary tomorrow

·
Registered
156 Posts
make sure you report the tag as stolen/lost.. that way if it magically appears on someone else's trailer the police will be able to tell its not theirs. Then you can register for a new tag with PenDOT or a notary.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've heard of friends "losing" their plates so ever since I've been buying the multiple year plates I've put a small tack weld on my nuts so it can't be taken off easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts