The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"This ordinance is designed to take the alibi away from the straw purchaser," said Mr. Levdansky, D-Forward, on his efforts to get local governments to adopt legislation requiring notification of lost or stolen firearms within a set time frame. The legislation he wants would have fines and/or imprisonment for violators.
He is at it once again.....

Lost or stolen gun reporting legislation backed

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Hey, at the rate cities in PA are passing these ordinances (and apparently getting away with it?), by the time the General Assembly gets around to their version, it'll be a moot point of sorts.

Yep, just what we need...another "gun law" that burdens legitimate gun owners and does diddly to those who aren't.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
We'll if gun rights folks had done the right thing in terms of tightening things up where it should be tightened the legislation wouldn't have a leg to stand on or a straw purchase to validate it would it. Keystonepaul

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Keystone, please enlighten me as to what regulations need tightening up. I've had an FFL for 23 years and would like to know where the laws (over 58,000 of them) are lax.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Locally, Homestead, West Homestead, Munhall, and Clairton are among 14 communities statewide that recently adopted variations of the ordinance. Others include Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Harrisburg, and Erie.
All those regulations and not one prosecution.
Why, because all those regulations are in violation of the states preemption statute.

Straw purchases are already illegal, just enforce the law.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I had a gun stolen when i lived in Pittsburgh. It was found 2 years later when an officer pulled over a car in Kittaning. The person with the gun said he found it. The police asked me to come testify and I said it was stolen. Not a thing happend to the person who "found the gun". When I originally went to station to see gun it was in perfect condition. A few months later when I was able to get it back at the court hearing it was all dinged and scratched up from being held by police. I would have been better off just taking gun then and saying i dont want to press any type of charges and that i would not testify it was stolen. The police said they needed to hold gun til court day. Would have same result with person who had gun. Nothing happened to him. And my gun would still be in excellent shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts