The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning my wife let out my two labs to do there buisness while we were in a hurry getting ready to go to work, usally only takes a few minutes and they are back wanting in to get fed. Now yesterday they wanted to go visit the neighbors dog before they came in, so while I was calling for them I heard a loud bang down close to the road and only one of them came running up, my heart sank. So I ran up to my truck to go look for the other and I found him lying there at the end of my road and my heart sank even deeper. There my 11 year hunting partner he was laying and the person never even stopped. I have had dogs in the past that I hunted and have passed away, but I didn't have the relationship with them as I did with him. It feels like I lost a close family member, my wife,son and I are a train wreck right now due to this loss. Last night I layed awake in bed remebering some of my great hunts that involved him, and the hundreds of birds he retrieved for me and friends. Not just us are up set but my 9 year old female that only knew life with him there is now lost and walking around outside and inside the house looking and hoping for him to return. Last night I went down to where I buried him to say a few last words, it was one of the hardest things I had to do, the last thing I said was I hoped to see him agin someday only on the other side and thanks for all the good times we shared in the field and at home. He will be missed more than he will ever know. thanks for reading jason

It also kinda knocked the drive out of me to finish out the season but Iknow he will be there in spirit.

[img:left]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. A co-worker just had the same thing happen to him a month ago with his birddog. Kids racing near carlisle hit his dog and took off. Its a sad day when we lose someone we love and even worse when their taken from us by ignorance.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm so unbelievably sorry to hear this. This is a significant fear of mine. Just know that you gave that dog the best life it could've ever asked for.

I'm sorry.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You never think it could be that difficult to deal with until you lose a hunting buddy like this...Lost my beagle two years ago to lyme, not easy my friend. Sorry to hear

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Never easy. Had my 6 year old unexpectedly pass in October. Still miss her daily.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, had the same thing happen 6years ago and still think about her till this day! Keep your head up!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Sorry man...been there and it will never get better, just more tolerable. Bury him with something you cherish or make a nice headstone, it helps, sort of.
Willy

·
20,167 Posts
Man that just stinks. And to not stop.....I wouldn't be able to live with myself no matter how angry the owner got. I would have to say 'sorry'.

·
20,167 Posts
lockedup said:
Sorry to hear about your loss. Never easy. Had my 6 year old unexpectedly pass in October. Still miss her daily.
Crap Bill I didn't know that! Sorry to hear that too. 6 is way too early.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
The sorry does go a long way...the guy who hit my dog has sent me a Christmas card every year since... and knew by our reaction what we had lost, he cried too. take comfort in remembering those days you did share maybe get a watercolor/painting of him.. a dog is not truly dead until he is forgotten.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts