The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed at 7:30 this morning the one string stop bumper was missing. First thought was if a buck shows up, I'm gonna try the shot. The second thought was, the arrow won't fly right. Then, how did I lose it? I walked in by moonlight and poked my eye with brush and must have done the same to the bow----but the string was resting against the bumper. That couldn't have done it. Then I remember cocking it in the dark and having it not on the sting correctly. I remember a sound the rope cocker made. That must be when it happened. After digging through the leaves for 6 or 7 minutes, I found it!
What are your theories on arrow flight without one of the bumpers? I didn't even think of taking the other one off if I needed to shoot it.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I'd be more worried about it cutting the string on the unprotected end of the bumper rod.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
I don't think it would affect arrow flight at all as the arrow is going off the string when it hits the bumper. If the whole bumper got pulled out there would be nothing to damage the string. Not sure what it is like underneath the rubber if that is all you lost, but as long as it wasn't sharp, I don't think it would cut the string.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts