The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, nothing illegal. Was fishing a creek in Luzerne County and walked through some brush. Somewhere along the way I lost my license. I had been catching some small trout, but as soon as I found I lost my license, I stopped and left the creek.

$8.60 for replacement license/trout stamp and new license holder.

I really wish the Fish & Boat Commission would go the way of the PGC and allow the license to be carried in a wallet, etc.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Buy online and make lots of copies

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never thought of that. I normally buy my hunting and fishing licenses from my local shop, figuring they could use the business.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Steve in PA said:
Never thought of that. I normally buy my hunting and fishing licenses from my local shop, figuring they could use the business.
The don't make much on license sales. Buy online and make copies, then buy a couple extra packages of hooks the next time you go to the shop to make up for not getting the license there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
justgrad25 said:
Lots and lots of copies and save the PDF file and make more whenever you need to.
I do that and then save the file in my email so I can access it anywhere with the internet. I wonder if anyone has ever displayed their license on their Iphone?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Skinner said:
justgrad25 said:
Lots and lots of copies and save the PDF file and make more whenever you need to.
I do that and then save the file in my email so I can access it anywhere with the internet. I wonder if anyone has ever displayed their license on their Iphone?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Heres what I do in addition to buying online.

I got those laminate card holders, took the license and downsized it. Then laminated it, folded in half. It now sits behind my drivers license.

I ALWAYS have a copy.

The other thing I figured out years ago. Take the pin out of the license holder, replace it with a key ring. Buy one of those caribeaners that are not meant for climbing for a dollar and hook it on that. Wont lose it then.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I make copies like the other guys, I keep one in my wallet, and a few in the glove compartment and I always have one hanging from my tackle bag.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me last year. I now keep mine on my wallet or tackle box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts