The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I managed to lose my wallet including all my IDs, credit cards, etc. at work yesterday. I’m now without a DL or LTCF for the foreseeable future. I’m not concerned about driving without a physical license, but I am concerned about carrying without a card in my possession. Does anyone know the legalities or caveats of carrying while waiting for a replacement LTCF? I understand open carry and all that. Looking for any insight on the times a LTCF is necessary.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
LCTF is needed while in a vehicle with a firearm. The ONLY exception is to and from a range or to and from a hunting location. If you stop en route, you can be charged with carrying a concealed firearm illegally in your vehicle.

LCTF is also necessary if your shirt falls over the weapon obstructing the view. Even partial concealment can get you in hot water with the right/wrong PO.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
So I managed to lose my wallet including all my IDs, credit cards, etc. at work yesterday. I’m now without a DL or LTCF for the foreseeable future. I’m not concerned about driving without a physical license, but I am concerned about carrying without a card in my possession. Does anyone know the legalities or caveats of carrying while waiting for a replacement LTCF? I understand open carry and all that. Looking for any insight on the times a LTCF is necessary.
Unless you are going to be totally walking, and openly carrying your firearm, (e.g. around your residence and not in a vehicle), I would NOT risk the possibility of getting arrested and locked up when you are not able to immediately provide your LtCF, and ID, to law enforcement.

As you know, it's your responsibility to prove that you have a valid LtCF when requested by law enforcement. Although you would probably prevail at a subsequent hearing if you could prove that a LtCF had been issued to you, you could be put through a lot of legal hassle.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies guys. I have no plans to travel off of my property with a firearm at this point. I called the sheriff office and it’s a$5 fee with photo ID for pickup. Good thing I have to wait 10-14 days for the DMV to get me my DL...

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Called security Sunday and left a message with no return. Called again today, they did some digging and haven’t seen it. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
I usually keep a few hundred bucks in my wallet (actually I carry a money clip). It's never the money I worry about losing, but the cards. A PIA to replace. And even though the CC expose you to very limited unauthorized use liability, a real PIA to straighten that stuff out should they be used. And of course the identity theft aspect that can be perpetrated once your DL number and other info is in malicious hands. Certainly never keep your SS card in a wallet!!!

I hope you get them back. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In another twist of the story I got an email from administrative assistant at our company headquarters saying I needed to call Corporal so and so. I gave him a call and he said he has had it since Saturday when they found it on the helipad at the hospital. He must not have shared the news with his comrades because they didn’t have a clue. Everything is reportedly still there. I’ll pick it up on my way to work Saturday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts