The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Good news. Folks don't dump off beagles with tracking collars.

Reactions: blackpowder

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thank God the hunter got his dog. The battery on those garmin tracking collars only have so much life depending on what update you have programmed. If I was tracking my hound and I saw on my garmin he was traveling very fast on a roadway, I would think someone was stealing him. If the pound would euthanize a dog with a tracking collar on they should have their head examined.

·
Registered
10,222 Posts
Agreed, a quick call to Garmin and they could tell you the owner.

Looked to see were this kennel was from; SW Pa. While hunting hare, we talked to a group of hunters that lost a beagle, seems the tracking collar took the dog to the road and then stopped. Someone must have stole the dog and turned the collar off as soon as they grabbed him.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hoffman Kennels is out of the Delmont area, he is a contract dog catcher for Murrysville, Penn, Salem, Plum and other Central Westmoreland and Eastern Allegheny county communities These people have had a very bad reputation for years. He is not a vet so he shoots the dogs to euthanize them. There have been many petitions over the years against them. If your dog gets loose out here you better act fast because they have put down dogs in 48 hours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts