The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Pa lost a true sportsman and a man I am proud to call a close friend. Dr. Richard Bosco of Fenelton Pa.(Butler County) passed away from complications of a brain tumor. "Doc" was a man who was generous to a fault and always had time to help someone and introduce a youngster to the outdoors. He loved to hunt and was excited to help a new hunter get his or her first deer as he was to harvest his elephant in Africa to complete his "big five" of dangerous game. He was a giving man and hunting with him was always fun and exciting. He never hunted just for himself but always found it more exciting and fun to help someone else be successful in there first deer or turkey. I have so many good memories of hunts with "Doc" and the guys, he was totally unselfish and would give you the shirt off his back and has worked with so many youngsters on the first hunt. He was a true outdoorsman and a friend to all he met and will always be with me when I go afield. Rest well "Doc" you deserve it.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Prayers are sent to you and his family.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
indian, I am sorry to hear of his passing. It sounds like it got tough there in the end. Doc sounds like he was a great individual to have in our hunting community.

Would this by chance be the "Doc" that used to belong to Crowfoot rod and gun club? Has a son named Mikey?

Havn't heard from them in quite some time but I know they live up in that area...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry for the loss. He was a good friend of a family I know from the area. He took thier son hunting a few times.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Sorry for the loss Ancient. We lost one of the oldest members at our Black Powder club last spring i know the feeling.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Dr. Bosco was a great guy, great outdoorsman, and an excellent Oral Surgeon. The several times I was at his office over the years, we would always chat about hunting. After 3 years of being in pain from a root canal and tooth extraction, that my regular dentist could'nt figure out why I was still in pain I went to Dr. Bosco, and within 5 minutes he found that I had a small sliver of tooth still laying on a nerve from the extraction.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your friend. He sounds like a great
person, my condolences to his family.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts