The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this outfitter in Tennessee for a hog hunt? Interested in them lots of positive reviews on the net.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I went with 2 of my kids and a buddy. Overall it was a positive trip, if you go in the spring your best bet is to stalk, but go out with the dogs one afternoon for the experiance.
It is a fenced hunt, but it is a really big fence. We walked 8.1mi chasing the dogs after lunch. Be willing to work some for it, unless you go when there are a lot of people there you wont be sitting over bait, you will be hunting.
Lodge was OK, bring your food because there isnt really much in "town". When you get one, let it go to the butcher. I would not recommend the ham steaks, roast are OK, but the sausage is pretty good.
Use standard cup and core bullets, like SGK's or Hornady. Partitions punched through.
The guide is going to work, so bring enough to tip.

Daughter got this one off the dogs

Son and I doubled on a stalk.

Yes we ate 3 pigs worth.

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Would concur with most everything that Varmintist stated. If you have a group, they will do a cookout for you. That was a great time when we went. The guides are awesome and yes, if you want to stand or stalk on you own they will point you to the right places. The property is enormous and you will encounter the fence but they have so many hogs that they have not stocked hogs in years. We did a muzzleloader hunt there with 6 guys and had a fantastic time. I would recommend them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts