The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few LumaKnocks and one of them falls off the string because the gap is too large. Is there some way to tighten up a knock gap without heating it? I am concerned that heating it will effect the battery.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You could wrap some floss around your string to make the string a lil bit bigger

·
Registered
853 Posts
Bite it. Not sure how Lumenocks are but we regular nocks that get loose I just bite them. You'll have the professionals that are concerned with nock fit and want to use new nocks so that they fit perfectly but I haven't had any problems with biting my nocks. How tight is a nock suppose to fit anyways? Is it something like if you tap your string with your finger near the nock the arrow should fall off? Sometimes a nock will really click/snap loud when I put the nock on the string and other arrows/nocks not as loud.

·
Registered
840 Posts
There was an article in Bow and Arrow hunting a couple of months ago that touched on the subject of nock fit. The professional target shooter that wrote the article said that having nocks that fit looser are better off than tight nocks. Now he said that tight nocks will affect accuracy and showed shots at I believe at 30 yards and the tight nocks opened up his goup by 5 or 6 inches compared to loose nocks. He said the way to determine if your nocks are properly fitting is that when nocked, you should be able to spin the string with out moving the arrow while the arrow is pointing at the ground. I would squeeze the luminock and see if that works. If not, spend the 10 bucks and buy a new one. Use the old one for practice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts