The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i gotta really sloppy shifter in my truck, so i been doing some research and have discovered the problem. needs shifter bushing, so what are they and how much is this gonna cost to fix. well for my f150 the cost is $23. should take about a half hour at the most to do. got the kit ordered and should be here this week.

thought i would post this as it seems like a common problem but very easy to fix

heres a video, it shows a mazda put the process is pretty much the same. hope this helps some of ya'll. my shifter was hitting the dash and really sloppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muI1FSac_q0

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just removed my shifter and checked it out, i know the previous owner tried to do something here as the shifter boot was already removed. i think the nut you have to switch sides messed him up.

what i found while it looks a little different was exactly like in the video. i had one broken pin and no bushings. all i need is the parts and i will be back in action.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is a really easy repair. my shifter was plain worn out, it was so sloppy 3 and 5th gear were almost though the dash and fourth was into the seat.

the parts much cheaper as this kit from this supplier, its linked in the youtube video, the ford dealers want $20 per bushing, plus the other parts.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the repair kit and put it in tonight.

shifter shifts like brand new, very easy repair. shifter is tight and literally like brand new again

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for bern

1 - 7 of 7 Posts