The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Remington 700 BDL, the screw in the wood for the sling constantly comes loose while hunting. any recommendations on how to keep it tightened,( possibly glue or epoxy ). it is a wood stock. thanks

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I had one rip out of my Marlin 17HMR from tightening a bi-pod too much. I just glued it in. I can't remember what I used specifically but I think some kind of epoxy. Mine was not screwed directly into wood though it had a metal disk inside the stock that it screwed into. I would think any glue that would bond metal to wood would work.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Fill the hole with epoxy and insert a small dowel and re-drill it or coat the stud with a release agent and then fill the hole with epoxy and inset the stud. The epoxy will stick to the wood and the epoxy will form around the threads but the release agent will give and you can unscrew it. You can use paste wax or Pam for a release agent.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Take the stud out and put a couple toothpicks in the hole.Break off the thin tips and use the thicker part.Might take 2 or 3 evenly spaced around the hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts