The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,014 Posts
I thought I’d try bacon grease a couple years ago. Had the wife save it for me in a quart jar in the fridge. Come mid November I used some down in a dirt hole and under a hay set. Two nights in a row I had a bear hooked up. Fortunately, the both pulled out. But I held them long enough to get the mother of all catch circles! I still like the idea, but I’d defer to later into January before I’d try it again.

I did catch a coyote in a bacon greased dirt hole before I pulled those sets. Interestingly, those set locations got dug out with holes like I’ve never seen before.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Keep that bacon grease going and sneak in a well blended blind set in front of it and you should have an easy coyote catch when season opens. Especially cause he feels comfortable approaching already!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Got to love that bacon!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Bark'n Bac'n.
That’s right Kip, you were the one that I met at Minktoberfest who talked about that. I said that I’d stop at every Walmart on my 3 1/2 hour drive home and buy them out.

It was good meeting you

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I run it thru a ninja chopper! makes it into a powder. working good so far...….can't wait to try it with traps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts