1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm realli nterested in 2 models
the Barnett Jackal
and the Parker Enforcer

The only thing I havent done is shoot them yet. Other than the price difference is there anything to look for to decide between these 2 bows?
I am open to other options but would like to have no more than 450 invested.
Thanks

·
Registered
19,730 Posts
You are gonna find alot of Enforcer fans here. Personally the pick of two would be a easy one for me. Parker, along with Ten Point and Excalibur, have the best warranties and customer service in the industry.

I would still try to let them shoot one of both of the bows if you can.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
With this being for your young one and wife you would feel alot better knowing they had a quality peice of equiptment. between those two its a no brainer. you may have to save alittle longer but you got some time.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I agree, would much rather have my Wife and Kids shooting a Parker. Barnett has had some problems and although I think they are on the right road to getting them straightened out, I am not yet convinced they are there yet.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, a fellow on another site reccomended I try a Wicked Ridge by Ten Point before I make up my mind. They are in the same price range as the Enforcer and supposedly just as good. I have to ge tto the local shop and try em on the range. AT least the shopping around will be more fun than a trip to the mall with the wife!

·
Registered
19,730 Posts
Yes, it is best to shoot em and make an informed decision.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
CBB, I see you are from Warren....hey bud I got a Parker Enforcer and Tornado if you want to shoot either or both. Got them for my troops too, but I love shooting a crossbow more than I thought I would, and having tapped a doe last year with the Tornado I can say it has been a long time since I had a doe kill make me smile like that. Looking forward to a buck in 2010 with it...me or the family.

Let me know!!! I am in Youngsville
I can get my hands on a Excaliber too if you want to try that.

Also as a shopper from Warren County let me add this....you can run to Erie, or order from catalogs, or run to this shop for this and that shop over there for that....OR you can click on Arrowheads banner here and get the best price and the one stop for all MATCHED components delivered to your door and be zeroed in in no time, no matter what crossbow you choose. He mastered the Crossbow science and you will not be disappointed. If it was not for arrowhead, I know I would not have TWO crossbows now, maybe not even one. Just a tip with gas approaching $3 again, what you match it up with makes a big difference save the hassles and spend that time on the range instead.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I just bought the Parker Enforcer from Cabelas for myself and so far I love it. This is my first crossbow and I my purchase criteria were:

1 Total weight of bow and Enforcer is right around 7 lbs, considerably light than some others.

2. Cost - I wanted to stay at or around $500 and with $100 in Cabelas dollars I was fine. (Having to use the Cabela's dollars was the ONLY reason I did not order from Arrowhead)

3. Reputation and service - From talking on here, most recemmended the Parker.

I did look at the Wicked Ridge hard, but that bow came with a red dot scope and I wanted a reticled one, but naturally, you could put whatever optics you wanted on any bow.

So, for now, I am a hardy Parker advocate.

And i just ordered a dozen bolts from Arrowhead. He and his wife are wonderful and very professional and helpful to work with.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Of the three mentioned, I would rate the Enforcer the best deal. The Jackel compares to the BushWacker at $299. I'm not a big fan of the Wicked Ridge because of the optics and price. Also, don't forget to check the warranty. Parker has a lifetime warranty on everything except the string and cables.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Rooster!! I just may take you up on that, and I will be sure to talk with Arrowhead!!
I'm running a 3D archery Shoot at Sheffield Rod and Gun clun this weekend Sunday 9am-2pm. Your more than welcome to meet up with me there. Or we can set up a later meet.
It would be cool to have a few crossbow shooters at the 3D shoot. All kids shoot free, eat free hot dogs and drink free soda!! $10 for adults
I dont know why I didnt think to post that here on the archery page....DUH!
Again thanks for the test run!!

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Got a busy weekend of fall planting ahead or we might of come out....not sure we would of shot though cause some guys have quite the stigma on crossbow hunters (even kids) so we stay happy shooting a hole through the 3D target up on our hill instead of putting up with that, budding hunters don't need to see it or deal with it...anyway nice to "meet" ya, my offer is open ended. In fact if you need a nice place to take them kids hunting with that crossbow ...give me shout...

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will do, I will get in touch with you after we get back from The Glen next week and set up a time and date to meet. Thanks again for your generous offer!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got the Wicked Ridge Warrior for $379, shot it today for the first time, I really liked it. The 3 dot scope is great, after about twenty minutes of sighting in I was hitting dead on consistently at 20 yards, and I;ve never shot a x-bow before. BTW, make sure you get the rope to cock it with, it;s a real pain to cock by hand.
Not spamming here, but I got mine from http://www.wyverncreations.com/ and it came with the rope and 4 bolts in addition to the scope and quiver it normally comes with

·
Registered
19,730 Posts
eos said:
I;ve never shot a x-bow before. BTW, make sure you get the rope to cock it with, it;s a real pain to cock by hand.
Welcome to the ranks of growing crossbow fraternity. Good luck with the Wicked Ridge. Yes, a cocking device will aid you alot and also provide a consistant latch which will tighten up your groups.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sure the wife and daughter would be ok with the pink...But my son would be a little upset!! LOL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts