The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some tree tubes. Looking for a good source of used tree tubes if anyone knows of one, I'd appreciate the heads up.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many depends on the price I suppose. I have a place I am gonna hack and squirt a ton of small beach trees and tube the many white oaks sprouts that are getting hammered by deer every winter. I don't have an exact count but could use 50 -100 if the price was right. I'd prefer 4 footers or longer. I'm not wealthy but will invest in that spot for future timber for my children and a nice stand of oaks to hunt maybe before I'm called to the happy hunting grounds for good.

Marcus I have seen areas like that too, shame someone doesn't clean that up eh? lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
You really want 5' to keep the deer off..4' will require something to protect the next foot. Learned the hard way at home and camp..

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have used 4 footers before. I prefer 5's but anything will get them up above knee high. I get heavy winter browsing where they are located and by spring there are no trees, by fall there are ankle high trees. I have watched these trees for two seasons, gonna try and save them this year.

Reactions: OAWC

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Chuckalope, I just got home with a truck bed full of them I bought from your lead. I got the entire lot for $40 bucks, there is easily 150 tubes here. I had to buy a cargo net to put over them to keep them from falling out of the truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts