The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one of those that's always looking forward. Next spring, if we can get this Covid behind us, I'm figuring MO, KY, NY and PA in that order. Normally I've hunted KS after MO but will forego that for KY. I never hunted KY so am in the process of online scouting. Due to MO split season I wouldn't get to KY until their third and final week. I'm investigating a couple WMAs which would pretty much halve my time back home to upstate NY...not the SE corner cesspool. My wife asks why do you get excited about this now? My response...because I am what I am!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm the same way, leaving a spring hunt here or out of state I'm literally thinking about next year, where to go, different approaches, etc. Gets really bad during the long dark nights of January, that's when remote scouting really kicks into gear.

You're not alone!

·
Super Moderator
12,478 Posts
Also looking forward to next spring. Got bored...so I got out my 6 decoys...three about 15 years and and the other 3 a proud 20 years old. They are all in the $10 each category. One of the gobblers had red electrical tape around his head in lieu of the missing coloring for about 5 years now but it worked. I picked up about 5 colors of craft paint and mixed a couple of two to three colors to get a close as I could to real turkey colors. What a change....

Second ordered 3 boxes of Federal #9's. Third I purchased and installed a MCARGO trigger kit for my Mossberg 500 20 ga. which only reduced the pull from 6 1/4 to 5 1/2 lbs., but it is more crisp.....

Next: Time to pattern test....

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like hunting deer in PA and feel like bigger then ever. Been thinking about using time off for spring turkey hunt. Havent looked into too much yet but think I want to try TN or KY for sure then NY and PA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts