The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since im snowed in im looking for something different not going to grill. just oven or stove top. i have butterflied backstraps or round steak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
cut that about 1/2" thick,dip in egg&milk,then breadcrums.now fry them in alittle oil until they are golden brown...like feeding strawberrys to a jack*** we call them bucklets, injoy

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
For the steak, remove bone if any. Salt and pepper both sides and dredge in flour, shake or pat off excess. Brown both sides in oil, just enough for a thin coat on whole pan bottom, do not cook till done. Remove steak from pan and sit aside. If needed put more oil in pan with some diced onion, 1 or 2 cloves of garlic diced fine and some fresh or dried thyme. Saute till onion is clear, do not burn garlic. When onions are clear pour most of a bottle of good beer, dark beer or ale is better, Guiness is best. Put the steak in the pan and turn to a low simmer and ut on lid and simmer (braise) for and hour or until the steak is very tender. Put about 3/4 teapoon of cornstarch in a container and add beer or water, just enough to disolve the cornstarch, turn up heat till liquid is simmering, small bullles and add the cornstarch slurry and cook for 1 or 2 minutes till liquid is thickened taste for salt and pepper and season if necessary and serve.. Serve with rice and use liquid for a sauce over rice. If you have them, add sliced mushrooms to pan after 1/2 hour of cooking. Enjoy.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I bone my steaks, get to room temp, sprinkle with webers smoky mesquite both sides, fry until just pink, Yummie
Stan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts