The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a "shocker" collar for rabbit huntin, was wondering if anyone had suggestions, something that wont break the bank, but also something that is water proof and durable. Thanks

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have a sportdog houndhunter 3200, 2 mile range ( really about 1 mile)8 settings ,up to 4 dogs.$300 for transmitter and 1 collar ; extra collars $120.I love it ! Have it 2 yrs. and only problem was a broken contact point .I called customer service and they sent me 3 sets.Lion country supply sells them ;http://www.lcsupply.com/

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Re: Looking for training "shock" collar

I have the sportdog 1825 16 stimulus level 1 mile range but I believe andy said they tested it out to almost two miles in the right terrain, has tone or vibrate option and has a really low profile collar and compact transmiter makes it nice to carry and good for the beagles to ware.

got mine from lcsupply as well

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have a Tri Tronics collar that I have owned for about 15 years. I did send it back once for work and a new battery. They cost more than most collars and they cost more to work on but they are a good reliable collar. They probably get tested out west so they can claim a wider range. Here where we have a lot of hills they aren't as long range. But you can usually tell if they are on fast game and let them know it before they are out of range. The shock collars are a great tool if used correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts