The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a few local waterfowl hunters to hit the blind with. I have hunted waterfowl through college got out of it after my retriever passed. Got back into it this year. I have floating dekes and a decent go to spot and a few little local potholes. Most of my hunting is during the week because of working swing shifts. My good friends either don't have the interest or the time. Not looking to steal spots or have mine stolen just some guys to share goodtimes in the blind with. I am in the process of buying a boat to gain access and retrieve with. I have gotten out a couple times this year and haven't done too bad considering the warm weather. I don't have any field decoys but would like to put together a small spread.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
What area of southwest pa are you in? I just moved out that way, and have been looking to do some waterfowl hunting. I have a few spots of my own for ducks, just havent been after em yet. Love to goose hunt too, have some field and floating decoys,layout blind, etc.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shootbowtech,
I am in Belle Vernon. I see your in Wash Cty somewhere so we gotta be close.

Reezen,
That makes 4 of us already. I am down for whatever! I just enjoy getting out and it makes it a lot funner to waterfowl hunt with a small group instead of alone.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its kinda odd using the internet to meet hunting partners but this past year I met a fishing buddy who I now consider a very good friend. The first time we went on Lake Erie my wife asked how do u know he's not gonna take bath salts, kill you, and eat your body on Lake Erie. Lol! I said I don't! Turns out im still alive and we have fished many days together and look forward to many more.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My cousin is laid off from work, lives in BV and has all the gear 3 crews would need to hunt the water. He's an hour away from me and he is getting tired of doing it all solo. PM me if you want to get in touch with him.

We're having our 2nd Delta waterfowl meeting for the new Allegheny Chapter Thursday, Jan 10th 6pm @ the Gander Mtn coference room in Robinson Twp. 6 to 8 pm. I'm sure you would meet some guys there as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
REEZEN I tried to pm you but your inbox is full. I just moved into the area (summerhill) and i see your from johnstown and being new to the area and not knowing anyone just looking to make some friends/ hunting buddies.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Greenhead...ill be hunting a few mornings by myself down your way next week if you'd like to meet up...I live about 15 mins from belle vernon...pm me if you want

·
Registered
556 Posts
HybridRedneck said:
REEZEN I tried to pm you but your inbox is full. I just moved into the area (summerhill) and i see your from johnstown and being new to the area and not knowing anyone just looking to make some friends/ hunting buddies.
Try now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts