The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NEPA and have a 2006 Nissan Frontier. I want to have a Fabtech 6" lift installed and have a price from a garage but it seems steep. Plus, they're making $600 just on the price of the lift kit! Plus the $1000 for labor. I'd buy the kit, wheels and tires but need an experienced shop or individual to install it. Any ideas or leads? Thanks, joe

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apple hill quoted me on fabtech 6" lift, nitto terra grappler tires and Fuel Octane 17x8.5 black wheels. Wheels and tires look cool... Any other suggestions on wheels or tires?

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Stupid question, I'm looking at getting black wheels on my F150, they are 17inch tires, but how do I tell the width.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Try these guys, high cal out of Wysox(Towanda area)

highcalibermotorsports.com/

·
Registered
20 Posts
try the original A&A store in moo sic.they converted it to an off road truck store.they always have specials on installations

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
spirit, check out jack Williams in Kingston. that store does all the lift kits. they also install them for all the local dealerships. I was just mdown there two weeks ago and I am going to have them install my lift kit on my 2013 ram 2500. I am going with the carli starter 3 inch leveling kit, carli adjustable track bar, fuel krank rims and toyo open country at2 35 inch tires. they are also installing the tire pressure sensors in the rims. I thought they were real good on the price. plus they will stand behind then work.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll call jack williams Monday to get a quote. I was told to get 305 70R17 on a 17x8.5 wheel.. The specs on the lift kit (Fabtech) says I can fit up to a 325 tire. Should I look into the 325? Or is the 305 big enough? 6" lift on a 2006 frontier

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm hoping jack williams guy will guide me in the right direction. I contacted that guy up in wysox but haven't heard back

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm looking at maybe just a body lift instead of a full suspension lift. A lot less money and I don't do any serious off-road stuff, just want to run bigger wheels n tires. There's one by Performance Accessories that's about $600. I'm going to ask jack williams about installing that for me as well as a full suspension kit like a Fabtech

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I would never do a body lift. I helped a bud do one back in the late mid 80's. I remember all the wires and stuff being stretched. And the bumpers stayed the same height which made it look odd. I would do a suspension or I would just leave it stock.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The reason I recommended High Cal, is that's what they do everyday, not part time. They are very helpful with pros and cons to all the options. They did my truck, and some stuff on one of my Jeeps.....No complaints.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts