The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mounted 1/2 or 3/4 life size wild boar mount

not just the every day charging mount but something cut on a angle so the mount runs tight along my wall.

I have a very large wild hog ready for a taxidermist but I am stuck on how I wont this one done.
It's skin for a 3/4
or a half mount.
right now its in the freezer.
i just cant find a form i like

any ones help on a photo of a 3/4 or 1/2 mount would be appreciated .

thanks George

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I cannot help you with the mount idea, but WOW that is some serious pork chops!!
Heck of a nice Boar!!!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really know what the wt of the hole hog was but I would bet the cape and head are pushing 100 lb's.
and i make everything look smaller then they are

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
A full mount form would have to have the back legs area cut off and the back belly cut at the angle you are looking for. I've never seen a half or 3/4 mount for a running or charging boar that is tighter to the wall. In fact I'd be hard pressed to find any half mount hog form in a running/charging pose. Pretty much something to discuss with the taxidermist in person. This is a custom mount all the way! A good artistic taxidermist can do drawings or make a clay model to present to you for your approval, then go from there to form alterations.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I thought the form would have to be altered.
I need it up on the wall these life size big hogs take up to much floor space,thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts