The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know not many on this forum, but thought I would seek suggestions. Looking for something that I wont look back and say, that is a piece of junk. So, basically looking for what you have that you have had success with in the past. Looking for entry level and not the 2k versions, if they exist for coins etc.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Fisher F2,Tesoro Compadre,Garrett Ace 250,Whites Classic II,Tesoro Silver Umax.The F2 is probably your best bet with the extra coils that come with it and though it's not the greatest they also come with a pinpointer,there real good machines my son uses one and i use the simple Tesoro Compadre,1 knob for disc.and just a simple joy to use.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Rich hit the good ones that fit your needs. Call Mike at Woodland and see if he has any used ones. If he doesn't, ask pricing on new ones. His ad is above at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Retiredusne8 said:
I see the Garrett AT Pro is getting some good reviews.and I may up date my 30 + year old Bounty Hunter,soon.
I couldn’t be more pleased with my AT Pro. But my lady is just as happy with her Ace 350.

As Rich and 4C posted, there are many good brands. When reading other detecting forums, I’m always impressed with the comments on Garrett’s customer service. They appear to be second to none. Fortunately, I’ve never had to test that customer service.

Now, if only the ground would thaw. It’s been 3 weeks since we’ve gotten out to dig some dirt.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have several detectors to include the AT Pro. Nice unit at a good price and I like the fact I can use it under water at the local swimming holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts