The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

looking for me and my dad's 1st crossbow

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Pepsi's Dad 
#1 ·
I started off on a search for a crossbow for my dad but the more I read about them I decided I wanted one too.

After looking on line and reading on just about every crossbow and shooting about 7-8 different ones I still not sure which one to get.

I've always shot compounds bows but have decided to try something else.

Everything I have shot was in the 600-800 dollar range. They all seemed about the same to me. Parker - Tenpoint - Excal. other than when they were compound vs recurve.

Thats the price range I'm trying to stay in. Also looking for my dad who is 77 years old. He is on the fence so I do not want to spend a bunch on one for him but I also want it to be safe.

Looking forward to getting my first crossbow, just have to decide which one first!

Found a Eastman Outfitters X-Force 500 Crossbow Package for 350 bucks new.

Anyone know much about these? Might be a good one for my dad.

The Tornado looks and feels good. Wondering if the extra 100 for the Cyclone might be the way to go.

Great site and look forward to posting more on my findings.

See less See more
#2 ·
currdog said:
Thats the price range I'm trying to stay in. Also looking for my dad who is 77 years old. He is on the fence so I do not want to spend a bunch on one for him but I also want it to be safe.

Looking forward to getting my first crossbow, just have to decide which one first!

Found a Eastman Outfitters X-Force 500 Crossbow Package for 350 bucks new.

Anyone know much about these? Might be a good one for my dad.

The Tornado looks and feels good. Wondering if the extra 100 for the Cyclone might be the way to go.

Great site and look forward to posting more on my findings.
The Tornado is a great bow and will do everything the Cyclone will do. I own a Cyclone but would have bought the Tornado if they were available at the time.

In regards to your dad. Parker will be coming out with some new models in a few weeks closer to the price range you mentioned for him. The ATA show is this week. All of the new models will be available soon.

Good luck and keep us informed of your choice and your experiences when you get them.

#3 ·
Currdog,
Welcome to the forums. It was nice talking with you the other day. You already know that I love the Tornado, and the 2010's are even better than the 2009's were. The 2010 Cyclone's are still being built and should ship very soon. Howver, I will probably be shooting a Cyclone this year. I'll give a full report when they become available.

I will get to see the new Parker Enforcer 160 this Friday. It's priced at $399, Made in the USA and comes with the lifetime warranty. It will weigh under 6 lbs., Auto-safety and anti-dry fire device.
Check the warranty. It's probably the most important item on a crossbow. What may appear to be a good buy now, might seem expensive if something breaks and takes months to repair.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.