The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at picking up a new "family" camera for christmas. Im on the fence between 3 cams. T3i, T4i and D60. I like the faster frame rates available with the T4 and D60. Anyone want to offer an opinion?

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
I don't believe you can really go wrong with any of them. Any camera can take great photos. It is knowing how to use the camera's capabilities to make those photos great where you come into play.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Agreed , all will work well . All to often we blame our cameras for a bad photo when maybe we should have done a bit more homework . Even the worst digital today will take decent if not proffesional photos . As to the above I would most likely go with T4I . Does great video and sometimes articulating screen can be nice . 60D has it also . Im not sure but I think only Nikon has autofocus for video . Just bought A Nikon d7000 and am quite impressed .

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crappiefever said:
Agreed , all will work well . All to often we blame our cameras for a bad photo when maybe we should have done a bit more homework . Even the worst digital today will take decent if not proffesional photos . As to the above I would most likely go with T4I . Does great video and sometimes articulating screen can be nice . 60D has it also . Im not sure but I think only Nikon has autofocus for video . Just bought A Nikon d7000 and am quite impressed .
Yea that was kinda my dilemma. Im leaning toward the T4i with the higher frame rate but then thought if I can pick up a T3i on the cheap I could put good glass on it for about the same as the D60. Hmm. I will do a little more diggin. I do like the swivel screen the T4 has.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally broke down and ordered a T4i. Should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to getting back into the SLR world after a break that was way too long. I will post up some pics after i have a chance to mess with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts