The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at picking up a new "family" camera for christmas. Im on the fence between 3 cams. T3i, T4i and D60. I like the faster frame rates available with the T4 and D60. Anyone want to offer an opinion?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Agreed , all will work well . All to often we blame our cameras for a bad photo when maybe we should have done a bit more homework . Even the worst digital today will take decent if not proffesional photos . As to the above I would most likely go with T4I . Does great video and sometimes articulating screen can be nice . 60D has it also . Im not sure but I think only Nikon has autofocus for video . Just bought A Nikon d7000 and am quite impressed .

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crappiefever said:
Agreed , all will work well . All to often we blame our cameras for a bad photo when maybe we should have done a bit more homework . Even the worst digital today will take decent if not proffesional photos . As to the above I would most likely go with T4I . Does great video and sometimes articulating screen can be nice . 60D has it also . Im not sure but I think only Nikon has autofocus for video . Just bought A Nikon d7000 and am quite impressed .
Yea that was kinda my dilemma. Im leaning toward the T4i with the higher frame rate but then thought if I can pick up a T3i on the cheap I could put good glass on it for about the same as the D60. Hmm. I will do a little more diggin. I do like the swivel screen the T4 has.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally broke down and ordered a T4i. Should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to getting back into the SLR world after a break that was way too long. I will post up some pics after i have a chance to mess with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.