The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at buying an Excalibur crossbow. either a exocet or vortex model. looking for feedback from anyone who owns one. what do you like or not like about them. and not looking any other brands just Excalibur. want the simplicity of the recurve bow style. and heard they have really good triggers.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The main difference is, on the Vortex you need to remove your thumb from the hole in the stock, move it up to the safety, release it and then move your thumb back down, and into the stock.
The Exocet you just move your thumb up and release it and straight back down.
Other than that, they are the same bow.

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
I own a Vortex and have nothing bad to say about it. I prefer the thumbhole design of the Vortex compared to the Exocet and I find that with thumbhole stocks the user can manuever the bow better with the grip hand only.

It is a touch harder to work the safety though as already mentioned.

Excal triggers are good as crossbows go. Don't know if you have shot a crossbow before but a good crossbow trigger stinks compared to most firearms.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
count me in for the Exocet........my buddy shoots a relayer.... both excellent bows. pick both up and see which one is more comfortable. either way you go... youll be real happy!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
I have an Exocet and love it.I can't come up with any reason to dislike it.I like the recurve style,the ability to change my own string and being able to unload without firing the bow.The accuracy is incredible.A Hawke MAP scope is a great match for the bow as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies. handled an equinox today at the local shop and saw what people had said about the releasing the safety with the thumbhole stock. going to get an exocet now the only thing to do is call arrowhead and buy one

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
Have fun and give us a range report when you get all set up.

·
Registered
18,422 Posts
shuey 270 said:
I have an Equinox and love it!
I have an Equinox as well that I purchased from Arrowhead. Great bow, have had no problems with it whatsoever. I purchased an aftermarket Ground Pounder Quiver and custom Boo String for it as well.
The only drawback to it is the wide limbs as opposed to the compound models out there.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
there is nothing you will regret with any excalibur crossbow....i have the exocet 200...........bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts