The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a trailer in Elk county and looking for a hunting buddy for this coming up weekend. I live in the south hills of pittsburgh, but my trailer is in Hallton, elk county. Lots of ANF and State Game Lands to hunt on. You can let me know on here or by PM if you would like to go with me or meet me there or near there. I will be archery hunting. We can have a fire and some brews at night and I have a little charcoal grill.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Wish I could join ya, gonna be a nice weekend.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I would be interested but I have seen you eat. If all you have is a little grill there would not be enough room on it to cook anything for anyone but you.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
If I didnt already have plans to hunt this would sound real nice. Good Luck!

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just because I eat more than you skinny folkes, doesn`t meen I eat alot

I can`t believe no one has jumped on this yet

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
oct. i might drop you a pm if you like to grouse hunt, i can find them in an area but they flush to far for walking and its not to far from halton. you might like it for late season deer as well

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Hes at camp for the weekend but he does love to grouse hunt.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
comblockshooter said:
oct. i might drop you a pm if you like to grouse hunt, i can find them in an area but they flush to far for walking and its not to far from halton. you might like it for late season deer as well
I appreciate that!! I would like to have a hunting buddy for the weekend of opening of turkey. I can even pick you up if not far from me or on the way so we can carpool. The nice thing about that weekend is everything is open, so pick your game
We can have a campfire at night and grill out and have a few brews. Let me know if you want to go. Camp is in 2F Elk County near Hallton.

Jack

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
comblockshooter said:
i'm on crutches now might have to try later
I understand!! If you still want to come up and relax, I can pick you up.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
comblockshooter said:
i'll be doing what hunting i can around the house. put a sling on my shotgun cuz the 22 didn't work to well
OK, good luck to ya

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I am flabbergasted that nobody has jumped on this yet. This is a great offer in a great area. If I didn't already have a camp just north of there I'd be all over this.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kudu58 said:
I am flabbergasted that nobody has jumped on this yet. This is a great offer in a great area. If I didn't already have a camp just north of there I'd be all over this.
Me too!! I thought I would have a ton of respoinces to this. I know before Tater and I got the trailer, We/I would accept invites to camps in a heartbeat

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No turkey sign, devoid of deer, very few suirrels. Not may hunters, heard a few shots and didn`t see another hunter. I am going up in 2 weeks again if you are interested, but want to try a different spot. There is litterally thousands of acres and I barely scratched the surface. I believe there are more bear and porcupines in the area. I got 2 Porks myself this weekend. I probably won`t shoot anymore though as they are like shooting fish in a barrel and the area is crawling with alot of them and bog ones also. I felt guilty afterwards. It is such a beutifull area, it`s a shame there isn`t more deer, even the the new growth browse is barely touched. I believe it is over shot in this area. Very healthy forest and can support many more deer.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Good luck Octagon!
Make sure you stop in the Halton Hilton and have John make ya a Burger! Best Burgers ever made! Especially in the 80's with the deer venison in the burger. Top 15 best burger in the Nation in the 80's
hahhaa most outsiders never knew there was venison in the burgers. hahha Why do you think it was ranked so high? lol
The Halton Hilton is the Best!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts