The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend died hunting turkey this year and I am already tired of hunting alone. I hunt the southern raystown area from my camp in bedford county and live in Lancaster county. I am retired and spend most of my time at camp. I hunt and fish for everything and have some interesting skills. If you are interested send me a pm. Thanks for looking.

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
Sorry for you loss. I lost my long time hunting partner a couple of years ago....drown in his own lake....Real Bummer.....I still believe he is there with me on every trip to the woods or afield.

My best to you partner.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, everytime the phone rings I think it is him calling about some new adventure he is planning. We were friends since we were 12 years old. I think you know what I mean. The woods seemed extra quiet this year.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Joe, Sorry for your loss! I lost my father in 2008 and now hunt alone. I know what you mean. I have a few years till retirement but I'm looking forward to it!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sorry about losing your friend. I lost my best friend here in Hazleton about 1 1/2 years ago... he didnt hunt or fish, but we played cards together with the wives, and we golfed alot and shot pool. Miss him alot and keep hoping ( wishing ) that he would call me up... Anyway I would love to take you up on your offer but you are around 2 hours away and just a LITTLE to far away... but best of luck to you and hope you get someone to enjoy your hospitality.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi -

I hope you find someone to hunt and fish with. I'm retired myself, but don't do any hunting these days myself, just fishing primarily.

I also live in Lancaster County, and store my car trailer at the fairgrounds in Manheim over the winter. I use that trailer to tow my Jeep on to MT where we spend the summer on the Yellowstone River.

John

·
Registered
16 Posts
Joe, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I know how much it hurts to loose someone you've known for so long. I live in 5C, and travel to my sportsmen club in Lancaster Co. monthly. If you would like to go hunting some morning or afternoon, please let me know and I'll take some time and meet you if there's a way.

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Hey Joe.
Just yesterday I lost a very good friend and hunting buddy. I know the feeling.

This said, I am trying to plan a catfish trip to the Ohio River for either tomorrow night or Mon night. Would you be interested? My friend with the boat supplies all the tackle and bait for $75. Let me know and we can discuss details. If you want to go , PM me your phone number and I'll call ya tonight.....Dick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts