The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quite a bit of ground meat from my elk. I've made the usual chili, spaghetti and tacos, but I am looking for other recipes to try and use this stuff up.

What do you guys have??? If anyone has a really good meatloaf recipe, I'd like to hear it. Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
My wife has a pretty good sloppy joe/barbecue recipe. We like the meatloaf one we use, although we've tried others in search of a better one, but so far haven't found one we prefer.

I'll try to gather up the recipes for you when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I've been using Jesse James' Blacksmith Meatloaf recipe for the last few years, and it has gone over very well with everyone I've served it to. It's delicious and super easy to make. Here's the recipe, direct from his social media pages...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

BLACKSMITH MEATLOAF

4 lbs ground beef ( I like to use the cheapo fatty kind is best)
4 eggs
1 large onion chopped semi small
1 Tbls ground pepper
1 Tbls garlic powder
1 Tbls Good Sh*t seasoning salt (or Lawrys works)
1 Tbls crush red pepper flakes
1 tsp cayenne pepper (no more cuz the kids will b***h it’s too spicy)
1 cup cheapo spaghetti sauce or Mild salsa in a jar
1 ½ cups shredded chedder cheese
Quick Oats
Ketchup

Mix all ingredients in a Large Bowl thoroughly (using your hands Don’t be a p****) and add oats till it firms up about 1 cup.

Dump out and slap into a loaf shape.
Place into bread baking loaf pan, glaze it with ketchup mixed with a Little Tapatio and bake at 425 for 60 to 90 mins. I like mine more on the well done side of town.

Good with Ketchup or Even Better with mashed potatoes and regular ol’ canned brown gravy ( Bomb sandwiches for lunch the next 3 days also)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Cincinnati chili is my favorite ground venison use. Other in additions to yours: meatloafs a few different recipes; meatballs likewise; shepards pie; wontons/potstickers; sloppy joes; stuffed peppers, stuffed cabbage, stuffed shells.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts