The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy and I just bought a nice Used.... 16 ft. jon boat with 30 hp. jet. Would like to get a fish/depth finder with water temp also in it. ANyone using one that reads real good and easy to understand for a dummy. Would like to stay under $300.00 bucks. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I've always liked Humminbird. I had one on my old boat that worked well I think it was the 581 series. it was just under $300

On my new boat I have a full color Lowrance LCX-18C. it came with the boat. it took a little figuring out but it's a really nice unit and I really like it.

Since you're located close to bass pro it might be a good idea to go there and fondle a few to see how it works for you.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Humminbird makes good machines for a good price. I beat mine to death and it works very well after 8 years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought a portable one from cabelas for the kayak. Humminbird something. Came with portable case where the finder mounts, battery, and transducer with suction cup. Entire setup cost $200.

It's black and white, has water temp and depth. Its all I need.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I've got a lorance x-4 pro on my pontoon. has water temp,depth,batter voltage,low water alarm, 2 different fish id's. paid just over $100.00 bucks for it. it's not color but not bad for the price.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Green County,
Thanks...Thats what we ended up with the X4 Pro. Seems to work fine but trouble reading fish on it. Maybe I'm just not going over any fish. Guy at Bass Pro set it up for me.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Check out the Bass Boat Central for sale boards (electronics). Good deals can be had on used units. I highly recommend getting one with GPS also.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Humminbird, best fish finder, Made in USA. Lowrance does have a better map if that matters to you. Thing I like about humminbird they give you free updates. If they come out with something new they allow you to update your unit online free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts