The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have and good spots to photograph Eagles in western PA?
Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've seen several @ Moraine State Park while fishing Lake Arthur. I was there last Saturday while fishing the North End of the lake and one flew over. Similarly, observed one perched in a tree last year around Nealy's point.

Not sure this qualifies as 'hot spot', but certainly their are Eagles around the Lake.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Pymatuning Reservoir has crazy eagle numbers. Some at the Clarion River now, too. Saw one fly right over main street Clarion about 5 years ago.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Lake Wilhelm, French Creek between Meadville and Franklin, Erie National Wildlife Refuge, Geneva Swamp, Hartstown Swamp, Allegheny River, Sugar Lake

·
Registered
159 Posts
I live in Erie county. We have one spot near Union city where the nest is 300 yds+- off the road. There are people there every day taking pics. Overlooks the Union City dam.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Drive along the river from tionesta to Kinzua dam above Warren. We see them probably half the trips we make and that is without really making an effort to look for them.

·
Registered
10,131 Posts
I saw a pair several times at Crooked Creek dam this summer and saw one right downstream of the bridge in Apollo earlier this summer.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info,I'll be making some day trip to these places.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I spend a good deal of time around the Shenango Lake area in Mercer county. I have seen a good deal of Bald eagles and eagle nests. The Rangers are very insightful and are willing to share their sightings and offer advice on where and when to be watching. Alot of Osprey's out there too. what a huge bird that is! Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Ohio River in the Sewickley area, just about anywhere couple miles up and down river. I live in top of hill and see them flying and know there is a nesting pair along the river

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Anywhere around Dashfields lock and dam. They're was a nesting pair on the hill above it.

·
6,464 Posts
clarion river elk county see them almost every time im up there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
x2 on the Clarion. Saw a juvenile and adult bald eagle last time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I saw you were in Indiana county....there were 2 in the Shelocta area, but have not seen for a few months.

Talk about a majestic animal to watch out of your bow stand!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Those are nested around Keystone Dam so I was told. There was also a nesting pair on Mahoning Dam for the past 9 years, however this summer the nest blew down, not sure what they'll do now?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Tionesta has a few. I see one or two every time up.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Hemlock Road from Warren up to the Kinzua dam, especially in the winter. Two winters in a row on the Christmas bird count I've had 5 different eagles within view at the same time. More than once I've seen two in the same tree along that strectch of river. Drive slow, park at pull offs and watch.

Winter is best because the lake is frozen, so more eagles are on the river.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts