The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to find an affordable hunt not too far away from home...any suggestions. I'm not rich but I love to hunt.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I hear antelope hunts are very reasonable.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Probably won't be able to pull off an antelope hunt for that price. I did it for $800 once, by I got a free airline ticket with frequent flyer miles. The hog hunt or a southern deer hunt is definitely doable for that price range.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Maine deer hunt about 800 that includes everything.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
You need to ask yourself how important it is for you to use your tag on this hunt too. Just don't forget to factor that in to your plans along with many other questions of course.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I can recommend a great place in NC for deer and the option for hogs. Be glad to give you the outfitter's info if you like. I went last year, going back again this year.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Ohio deer hunt with outfitter they provide the farms and lodging for the week you hang stands $1000 plus license first week of November

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i cant member were i seen it on here but some one went sound and they said they were down ther like 3 or 4 times.. it was in the past month for like 650 they charge you but you can get as many pigs as you want after that for an extra 50$ i would jump on that if i could get some guys to go make it in too a 4 or 5 days an smack like 6-8 pigs would last a year lol
Dave

·
Registered
241 Posts
you said close to home so going to southern states maine or for antelope is pretty far. how about a pennsylvania hog hunt on a preserve? or on a pheasant hunt. or duck or goose hunting? the ohio deer hunt isn't to far and seems reasonable. you can do the duck geese or pheasants for about $2-300 a day the hog hunts are usually $4-600. you just got to figure out what you want to hunt. big game, fowl, varmints.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
tdd what's that place in NC. I saw your deer from there, it was really nice. Did you see a lot of deer during the trip?

·
Registered
21 Posts
there is exotic island, they have hogs and other goats and rams there. a friend of mine said the hogs tast great. they are 350.00 per animal, i have been looking in to it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
A few years back when I was out west hunting, I took the time to try to find some place to hunt on my own. I found 2 that I goto every year. My fav is in South Dakota. Last year I stayed with the rancher for 18 days. I harvested 2 antelopes, 2 mariams gobblers, a whitetail around 135" with the bow, anice 4x4 muledeer with gun,2 whitetail does, ALOT of p-dogs, and pheasants you cant believe. This cost me about $2000(plus some manual labor around the ranch) for everything! As I said in a post before you can hunt alot for litle money with the right research. HPA is a start, but with a little more effort and research youll find a ton of hunts far cheaper the you imagined.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts