The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any one a member of a beagle club that would be willing to have members who own basset hounds, in the Pittsburgh area? I contacted breakneck beagle club and they require all member have an AKC reg beagle and the Chateries valley beagle club has a closed charter. I have 3 basset and am an active member in the AHBA but there is currently no home club in pittsburgh and I would like to change that by workign with an exisiting beagle club or even a sportsman club who has hunting grounds and would be willing to allow the running of hounds. Also looking for access to starting pens. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
You are going to have a hard time finding a beagle club that will let you join. Every club I can think of has a by-law that states you need to have an AKC registered beagle in order to join.

Try some of these clubs, but it will probably be the same way. Hilltop beagle club, central beagle club, pucketos beagle club, rayburn beagle club, and sharpsville beagle club.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
John, I thought Greg Brant got Imperial to allow bassetts ??? Maybe you still need a beagle to join ??? I know he ran bassetts there when he had em.. That was a bunch of years ago....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Autumn,

Go to the PBGA web site
http://www.pabeagle.org

Ed Sankey is the Western Vice President he will know if any clubs will accept bassets. Let them know you want to hold AHBA trials, the money basset trials make would benefit some clubs that need the money.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
You're right Wayne they did let Greg run his bassets a long time ago, but you still need to own a beagle or you can't join the club.

Imperial has leased the club grounds out a few times for different basset hound trials though.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
can try Ambridge sportsmans club..think that is in Economy, PA...not sure on any details...but ive driven past it and seen they have a rabbit field setup...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts