The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread on here and I swear it was in the Archery forum, where a guy took his Summit Viper treestand and added a set of backpack straps to it from some sort of military pack.

I've hunted around, tried searching using a couple key words and have had no luck. Anyone have that thread bookmarked or perhaps are the OP and could shoot me a link?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Youre looking for a molle system to put on your stand. I have it on my climber. My hangons go in my eberlestock x2

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I had posted on here before about how I upgraded my viper climber. It is a military surplus MOLLE II pack. You can buy one for about $25 online - either on Ebay or various military surplus stores.

I inverted the stand so that the cables are now facing up. This way it doesn’t hit the back of my legs while I am walking.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Greenstang, that is a good looking setup. Thanks for reposting the photo.

V

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Ill warn you, these newer summits are not like the older ones in how they fit with this. It takes some creative thinking.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the pic Greenstang! thanks!

Several different pics would be awesome! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
That wouldn't work in the areas I hunt. I would get the top caught on brush and vines. Maybe in mature woods or on a logging road it is fine, but I know I bump into a lot of brush with my Viper the way it is now. Interesting concept, though.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it would work with the cables down too. I'm going to try it when I pick up a Molle II.

·
Registered
582 Posts
jlh42581 said:
Ill warn you, these newer summits are not like the older ones in how they fit with this. It takes some creative thinking.
It certainly does. I bought one last spring and it took awhile before I figured out how to attach it to my Summit Goliath. There's a video out there on the web which shows how to do it. It helped me a lot.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
A molle. That's a little AMT, (after my time), but it's an excellent application of something for something else. Especially if you carry the stand into and out of the woods. It takes good care of the lower back.
Now I looked at my old tree stand the other day, and realized why I stayed with it for so long.
I adapted, too. I have two non leather inexpensive rifle slings and I use the two moveable cushions for the stand to cushion the upper and lower back.
Good to know what my backup would be. Gives good reason to keep the original and keep hauling. Of course, those mini bungee cords that tighten the two parts of the stand together, that I found in a auto parts store, will stay.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I didnt forget about take more pictures Adam, I have just been very busy the past week and didnt get around to it yet. I will try to get some tonight though.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No worries bro, we've got 5+ months until I need it. lol

·
Registered
4,445 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Here are some more photos:

The Molle Pack attaches to the foot platform of the stand and it stays on even when climbing the tree. The the top right of the last photograph, you will see a camoflage strap. that is part of the old factory backpack. I tied one end of the old backpack to the seat and foot platform, but a buckle on each end so they can be attached while climbing so the stand does not come appart.

I use the strap which comes with the stand and two other straps which I found at home (see the third photograph) to secure the stand tightly together so there is no noise while walking. One of the straps hold the seat in place and my backpack if I bring one. The foot platform folds through the seat platform, because of this, the seat cushon has to be removed to pack the stand. This is not to big of a deal because it only takes a couple seconds to hook back up. Hope these pictures help!

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Double Lung 20 said:
Hittingguru said:
A little more expensive, but Gearplan came out with the TTS -treestand transport system.

here is a link to their page, and if you hunt around, you'll find videos where they show how to attach it.
Available at Cabela and Bass Pro

http://www.gameplangear.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=14&idcategory=11
Wow that adds 3 pounds right off the bat.
yeah but it distributes the weight and makes it much easier to carry.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts