The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pants/Jacket
Looking for something for the Northeast. Temps from 60 to 25 degrees (Late September to Mid November). Scent eliminating, Breathable & Water proof or Repellent & Quiet.

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
little out of my price range

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I have the scent blocker dream season jacket/pants but it pulls in any water & burrs stick to it. Looking to see what everyone is using.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Russell Outdoors is making some great stuff these days. This was my first year with thier APX line and I have nothing to say but positive about it. Low pile, the quietest camo I own, Mossy Oak Treestand which I like, and burrs are not too bad and easy to get off becuase of the low pile. Here is a pic of my stuff.

It isn't real cheap but I got mine for 50% off at Gander Mountain clearance at the end of hunting season last year.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I value quiet above all else. Because of that the King of the Mountain wins the race for me. I buy all of mine used, so the price isn't too bad.
That is some good looking camo that dpms has too. I really like the pattern and commented on it in an earlier post. It appears deer would have a tough time skylining you with that pattern.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is everyone wearing?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bill D. said:
What is everyone wearing?
I swear by the Cabelas Silent Weave 6-pocket pants. You can get a pair for ~$20-25 in the Bargain Cave right now as they go on sale every year. As for my jacket, I went with the Legacy Fleece because it's quiet. Neither is waterproof but I have a set of Cabelas dry-plus packable rain suede that can go on right over top.

Oh scratch that... nothing I wear is scent elimination exceept my base layer which is lined w/ silver. But I always wanted to try the pants/jacket of Rocky Scent IQ sold at Dick's Sporting Goods... looks extremely quiet and comfortable!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts