The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new hat. I like a Jones but can't find them. Gor-tex, thinsulate, and camo is what I'm looking for. I don't know if anyone makes them anymore and am open to any suggestions. Seems all there is out there are beanies and ball caps.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I did a quick Google search to find out what a Jones hat was (now realize I have one, just didn't know it had a name) and got plenty of results from retailers selling them. I imagine eBay and Amazon are good places to start.

I know I haven't seen them laying around brick-and-mortar stores very much, so ordering online is probably the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
12,513 Posts
The Jones hats are my favorite hunting hat. Many years ago I went duck hunting with a good buddy and we sat in blinds some distance apart him being to my left wearing a baseball cap and every time he moved his head I could see that bill moving out of the corner of my eye; however the next day we hunted the same location and he wore a Jones hat and I did not see him move his head and I watched for the movement.

When I lived in Muskegon, MI I did a lot of duck and goose hunting and they had several sporting goods store that catered heavily to that sport with clothes and gear. I found a vinyl coated camp Jones hat that I wore for years and I wish I would have bought every one they had.

I have 3-4 now, but they do not come close to what I had in durability and waterproof.

However, now that you reminded me I think I too will start to look for another good one.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Last hunting season I believe I saw them at either Grice's or Bob's Army Navy in Clearfield

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every where I looked on the internet, they were out of stock. LLBean doesn't even show them anymore, where I bought last one. Dug out my camo one the other day and my head must of gained weight. Dang I was just out in Clearfield and stop at Bob"s. Might have to go back, Bob's, Grices and Dennys.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Not exactly what you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Have you looked at a Filson Wildfowler hat? They have one in camo again, but also tan and od green. I've had one for at least a decade and I love it. Tin cloth, say no more? I've had days hunting in the rain that I look down and all the water that has collected in the flap runs off the brim. Yeah, it's Filson so it isn't cheap but worth every penny. Just figured I'd put it out there.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well, got me to thinking I could also use one. To confirm your thoughts, just called Mack's and Customer Service said they are seasonal and will once again be available late summer / early fall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts