The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to get a squirrel dog.I used to have a treeing cur but i had to put him down. My 9 year old son loves to squirrel hunt and i was telling him how fun it is to hunt over a dog, so i would like to find a pup for him.I've been looking on squirrel dog central for a pup and i cant find one close to home. I would like to go and pick one out and not have it shipped in. I really like the looks of the original mountain cur dogs. I've also been looking at the blackmouth curs too. so if you know of anyone that raises them in PA i would appreciate the info.Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
The litter I know of, which is a repeat cross that my male is out of, is due soon.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Boozers Jett is getting bred to Thundersorts King Bud. He is booking pups now if they aren't all booked out. Jett is a real good female. I saw her hunt before. She has lots of titles and trophys. She is a 3-time WTDA PA State Champion and a real pleasant dog. Bud ain't no slouch either.

Here is a link to these breedings. Click on the links in the posts and you will find out about these dogs:
http://www.sqdog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95076

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Also I have been thinking about breeding my female this heat cycle which should be soon. She has an excellent pedigree and is a good squirrel dog and just the nicest dog you have ever seen. Her pedigree is loaded with Hall of Fame dogs. Only ever took her to one hunt and she was just a pup then and my wife handled her. Planning on breeding her with Torges Digger O'dell. Digger is an OMCBA GrSqCh and needs one win to be a nite champion and he has been in very few hunts. Digger is out of Thundersport who is the best dog in the nation and Als Lady who is a super grand squirrel champion and nite champion. Digger also has the great personality, obediance, just plain great to be aroundness as Bella. Shold make some good hunting nice acting pups.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
A guy I know who has a walker/birddog cross that is a good squirrel and coon dog is also going to breed her when she comes in heat. He is breeding her to a feist. That would make the pups treeing curs or treeing feist depending on the size of the pups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts