The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin and I are throwing around the idea of a wild hog hunt down south (no preference on what state). No fences! Anyone been on one they can recommend?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ive been to happy acres resort in Schrevin Ga. Good people, lots of hogs great lodge. I think the web is happyacresresort.com if I'm wrong you can google it. The guys name is Gary Frye. Loads of fun. Do it !!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i lived in louisiana (fort polk) and shot hogs there. also, georgia has an over abundance of hogs. keep in mind that if you need land to hunt, give the closest military installation in the state you want to hunt a call see what you need to gain access. all military post have thousands of acres that are open to the public. MAKE SURE TO READ THE MILITARY INSTALLATIONS SEPERATE HUNTING REGULATIONS AND ACCESS REGULATIONS. ALL MILITARY INSTALLATIONS HAVE A GAME WARDENS OFFICE ON SITE FOR ANY INFO THAT YOU MIGHT NEED.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Try Larry Harley, Bristol Tennessee, at Lonesome Pine knives. he makes a knife for you to use then takes you on the hunt.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
birdog said:
Try Larry Harley, Bristol Tennessee, at Lonesome Pine knives. he makes a knife for you to use then takes you on the hunt.
I am not sure if I want my 8 year old sons first experience to be stabbing a hog. I think that my ex-wife would have a field day with this during the custody hearing.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You might be right, but I betcha the bot would love it!!!
I believe Larry's boys started in about that age.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I honestly dont see why any reasonable hunter would choose to stab a hog to death anyway...doesnt sound too ethical to me...more like dont right brutal. Whats next saws-alls and nail guns?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I second the recommendation of Cypress Creek Lodge. Danny and Becky Harrell are great folks and will treat you right. No fences, fair chase hunting, and good chances for meat or trophy hogs. I am contemplating making a trip back there this spring.

V

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm not sure if you want to go through an outfitter or not, but an overabundance of hogs can be found in Georgia on both private and public land. Public land hunts would cost no more than a license. Ft. Benning and Ft. Stewart both have an overabundance and offer many hunts. If you decide to go between mid October and January, you can even harvest deer. Otherwise, hogs are legal year round with any weapon on private land.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts