The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a good GPS Can somebody help me out I don't know nothing about them. I want to use mostly to mark hunting location Not really worried about getting lost Any help would be appreciated I want something that is user friendly Thanks

·
Registered
755 Posts
I bought a used Garmin Etrex Legend Hcx a few months back. I paid ~ $150 for it and love it. I used it this past week. Marked all my hunting spots and never worried about roaming the woods and possibly getting lost. They are new at Cabelas for $250 but I am sure you can get one cheaper on ebay or elsewhere. Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I have the Garmin Etrex Vista HCx... Love it! Have all my favorite hunting waypoints loaded into it and imported them onto Google Earth.
Works great!

Last year I did have the Garmin Legend. Tried it during the summer for a week doing the GeoCache hobby. Lost the signal MANY times while under the green canopy of the trees. I returned the Legend and upgraded to the Vista... Big improvement!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have a Garmin Rino 120 ,,the rino series have the built in radio with peer to peer positioning ,,meaning if 2 or more people have them it will show you where the other people are at ??
it seem easy to work and you can add a topo map if you like
you can use just the radio or just the GPS unit or you can have them both on , very happy with mine

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a DeLorme Earthmate (Same people who make the Gazetter Maps)and I love it, I think I paid 300 for it, it has all the regular road and topo maps plus you can down load USGS Quads, sat photos, and arial photos, it will also do turn by turn directions. I've had several GPS units and this is my favorite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts