The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't want to have to build this rod. I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I've only been looking on the web so far but I can't find what I'm looking for. I have a one piece 5' light action spinning rod with blank through construction that was made by, of all companies, Remington. I bought it at Sears many years ago. I need to replace it with something similar due to a cracked reel seat. I've found a lot of rods that are similar but I can't find one with blank through construction. I rely on that so much to feel what is happening on the other end. The rod blank itself is exposed on top above the reel and I put my thumb on it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,630 Posts
Could you tape the reel to the seat?

I have a couple of rods with reel seats that are loose or broke and I just use electrical tape to secure the reel to the seat.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Why not have the seat repaired/replaced??? Thats a simple fix to do. I can fix that seat in a matter of a few hours.
As for stating the rod is "blank thru construction" most all rods built today have the blank running thru the grip,seat and to the end of the rod. On some of the cheaper rods out there, you do have some companies placing a sleeve thru the seat and epoxied to the blank but most of that is dissapearing.
As for the rod you're looking for, you are basically looking for a rod without a fore grip.

Big D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to post a pic of it so you know what I'm talking about. I might just go ahead a tape it. The only problem with that is it's going to cover up the exposed part that I put my thumb on.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
ESP series rods sold by cabelas. You dont actually touch the blank, but it has a composite handle and discs that transfer vibration from the blank to your hand. Pretty neat.....

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I had(broke it) a Bass Pro Tourney Special that was 5'6" Light action....it was my favorite rod for tossing spinners and bait for trout and panfish. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's worth a shot....most 'feel' of any rod I've ever used.

My 5' UL St. Croix that replaced it doesn't even come close!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PICS ADDED Looking for a kind of spinning rod

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to check out those rods. I'm also going to post a pic of the rod when I get around to it so you know exactly what it looks like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts