The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin for a 1100 with a 26 inch barrel. i was wondering if any one here on hpa had any experience with dugans gunshop in hughsville pa. located on route 220? im lookin for a shop to view a good selection of various shotguns . thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Salty in price but you can git a deal just watch it.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I've made it there a few times over the years. Only ever bought one gun from him. He had what I wanted right now when others needed to order it.

He is normally inline with Gander Mountain pricing.....High

Why you lookin there? He have one?

I have one that I would very much like to sell, but I can't.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hunt fish is it a 26 barrel what gauge? i was never to his shop just wanted to look? its advertised over 1000 guns in stock? does he have a good selection?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
From where you are why don't you go down to the Valley Forge Gun Show this weekend at the convention center. Probably find what you are looking for. If you are into a little trip Millers down in New Castle, De has a terrific selection of shotguns in stock from what I hear. Not too much around us locally so it is hit or miss in the local shops.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Definitely check out the gun show, I believe it is this weekend. Miller's Guns in DE also gets a thumbs up, I've purchased my last two shotguns from them. They have a better shotgun selection than Cabela's handsdown, I can't think of another shop in the area that knows shotguns better.

You can find some good deals on 1100s, a guy out in the Pittsburgh area had one for sale for $375 unfortunately he wouldn't ship.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
budcar said:
hunt fish is it a 26 barrel what gauge? i was never to his shop just wanted to look? its advertised over 1000 guns in stock? does he have a good selection?
Like I said, Can't sell it. It was given to me.

He say's he has that many guns in stock, but unless he has a stash in the back somewhere I don't think that was an accurate statement on his part.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I've been in Dugan's a few times. I never saw anything that I wanted to buy. A lot of his used guns are beaters.

There is a Remington M-1100 listed for Kapp's Firearms Auction on Saturday Jan. 9th, 2010 at the Muncy Creek FD in Clarksville.Rt 442.. I don't know the particulars on the M-1100 listed, but last year I bought a Rem 1100 Magnum, with a slug barrel, as new condition, for $400.00.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm in Lycoming Co. and buy mostly at Troxell's sporting goods.{570 494-1562)not real far from dugans very good price + free box of ammo with a gun.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I have bought alot at Dugan's over the years and know him and his son-in-law that works for him. Chances are he has what you are looking for? I would call 1st and ask. He used to really like to dicker so the price marked isn't what you can probably pay. I think it was kind of like a game to him, you would ask if he could do alittle better and he would write a # on a slip of paper and slide it across the counter to you, never saying it aloud. My .357, .44, 22 hornet, and 35 whelen all came from there.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I hate that game. My brother likes to play it, but I don't. I look for the best price, and go with it.

Years ago he wanted more for a used 44 super black hawk than what a new one cost at troxells. Why would I even bother to try when I could easily go elsewhere for a better price without the hassle of dickering?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did you try millers gunshop in mill hall thats on Nittany Valley Drive he has a pretty good selection of firearms, it might be a far drive for you but kurts gunshop in mifflinville on rt 239 also has a nice selection.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i have'nt been there. in like 15 years or so. I couldnt remember what his prices were like.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts